Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Talking with our kids

Our family was sitting and talking about the future. I was so happy to know that they have a plan and church is part of that plan. As your kids get older and they start to make choices it's great when they talk about the spirit guiding them.

Ty is a Message Therapist and is in pre-med school. We are so proud of him. He tells us all the time about his goals in life and he really knows what he wants at age 21.

Shelby is going to graduate this year and her goal is to marry a Dentist After his schooling and in the Temple. Shelby is so funny! but she really wants to marry a Dentist..... At least she knows what she wants!!

Aaron wants to be a Doctor as well. He hopes to be a Surgeon. He would like to attend a local college after his mission.

Travis hopes to work for NASA. He has always loved Science. When he goes on his mission he hopes he can take a train to his locations.

Avery just wants to be a mom. I told her a mom is a great choice. A mom has a lot of jobs at the home, knows how to do them and doesn't have a class to teach her. She then asked if Heavenly father will help her be a mom like her mommy. How great is that??? I told her he always helps those that ask. Then she said can i still go to college? All the kids said YES!!!

Steve and I hope our kids always look at the future with the attitude "I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH THE LORDS HELP"

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's great when kids have goals!!

Jenni Russell said...

Hey lady!! My blog is http://therussellpack.blogspot.com/ or just click on my pic and it will link you to the blog. ;o)

Bedie said...

I can't believe how big your kids are. I love their goals, I think it is awesome that you guys talk about the future.

Visiting Teaching

Visiting Teaching Blog

new fme

Family Home Evening