Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Turning 40 ...

This last November i turned 40 years old. People asked me how I felt about turning 40 ( this is us at the Miranda Lambert concert) Steve got tickets for my Birthday. It was so much fun!! I am really good with urning 40. I look to my future and see a new me. When I was turning 35 that was very hard on me. I knew I was no longer going to be having kids. I LOVED, LOVED being pregnant.
What was i going to do? Avery was going to all day preschool and I was lost. I new i was still needed, I knew I still had tones to do around the house. I would just look in the mirror and say WHAT IS Wrong with you? GET A GRIP? But I could not get out of that feeling of depression. I was no longer going to play groups at the park. I no longer fit in with the stay at home moms MIX and Mingle lunches. But to me I was still a young mom. All I ever really wanted to be was a GREAT MOM! Yes, i had dreams of being a Nurse or doing Hair, but really all I wanted was a great husband and lots of kids. I still sometimes have a hard time with this. I now I am a good Mom.. I am very involved in the schools they attend. It just is not the same thing as looking in at the baby sleeping in the crib, holding on with excitement when you know for the first time they are going to say MOMMY! So now as I look into my future and see how my kids are growing up to be fabulous people and how we hold adult conversations. I am great with turning 40 and hoping that soon Ty and Kylie will be having a baby. How I look forward to holding on with excitement, because my Grand baby is going to say NANA..
So to all of my wonderful young mom friends, don't rush, cherish every moment. It really goes so fast, but don't think as I did. That you don't know what your purpose in life will be later on. Because as i have learned, a Mother is always needed, no matter the age of your child and you will have those WAHOOO moments or moments of excitement no matter the age of your child..

2 comments:

brownymama said...

Thanks for your words of wisdom. Anna will start preschool next year and I am already starting to panic. I won't have her bubbly chatty self with me all day long! This is it... The day I've been longing for now seems like a day I want to push back!

Craig and Aly said...

Your kiddos are so lucky to have you as their mama! You are so right...I still need my mommy!

Visiting Teaching

Visiting Teaching Blog

new fme

Family Home Evening